Humana Certification & Recertification
Recertification for 2018 Humana/Careplus Medicare products will
be available July 17th, 2018
REMEMBER - all agents must be certified to represent products and to collect new or renewal commisions.
Here is the essential information to get you started:
- Before beginning recertification or first time certification with Humana, you must be certified for general Medicare through AHIP. Recertification for current agents must be completed by 11/30 for commission payments to continue.
You can take the AHIP courses utilizing the Humana website. If your AHIP has been completed (GOOD JOB!!) Use the links below for information on AHIP and transferring scores to Humana
The training has been designed to strengthen an agent’s knowledge and to better equip them to:
- help potential members to understand the basics of the Medicare program plans and benefits
- help potential members learn about the different types of Medicare Advantage and Part D prescription drug plans, eligibility, and how to get covered services
- comply with marketing and enrollment requirements under the Medicare Advantage and Part D programs
Upon successful completion of the final AHIP Medicare exam, the Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA) course will “unlock” and become accessible or agents can attest that they completed FWA training on the Medicare Learning Network. There is a ten question exam for FWA and 90% is the minimum passing score. Once the FWA is successfully completed, the CMS General Compliance course will “unlock” and be accessible. There is a ten question exam and 70% is the minimum passing score.
Successful completion of the AHIP, FWA and CMS General Compliance training and testing are required before a passing score can be transmitted to the Humana Certification course.
IMPORTANT: After printing your AHIP transcript certificate, don’t forget to click the “send my exam completion to Humana” button at the bottom of the transcript page. If you have taken the AHIP testing through another carrier’s site, access the AHIP site again through the Humana Certification course and send the acceptable exam to Humana.
AHIP Discounts and Reimbursement
- You can take your AHIP certification through the Humana site and receive a $50 discount. You will pay $125 vs. $175. In addition, Humana will reimburse your entire AHIP fee! You just need to have 10 MA or 40 PDP January 1 effective enrollments. Reimbursement checks are usually sent in May.
Accessing Humana Product Certification
Now that AHIP is completed you can access Humana product certification through the Vantage portal
First Time Certification
- Getting certified with Humana for the ? Did you let your certification lapse from past seasons? First time certification training will be available July 10th, 2018.
- Are you recertifying with Humana for MAPD or PDP? You must recertify every year to represent products and collect commissions. Recertification and PDP Only certification will be available July 17th, 2018
Access links to complete online certification below:
Agent Portal Tutorials - once you are certified you will want to register for the Humana agent portal to access carrier tools and information
Licensing & Demographics - you must have an up to date license to be in compliance when marketing products. You can check your status via the agent portal
Agent License Add/Change Form Note: Allow 7-10 business days for information to be processed. Agent must maintain documentation of the submission of information to Agency Management.
How do STAR ratings work?
STAR Ratings - Humana developed a sales sheet to provide more detail behind the purpose & characteristics of STAR Ratings, CLICK HERE.
Health Reform Education
CMS Agent Certification Tutorial: CLICK HERE
Use this link to register for Humana's Virtual Library, providing access to Humana's archived Health Reform webinars, "Cracking the Code", parts 1, 2, and 3:
HIPAA / Compliance Training Supplements
We've partnered with Total HIPAA, a turn key solution for compliance, training, and testing packages, with a specific focus on HIPAA rules and regs. CLICK HERE!